The Rebel Ukulele
This model is inspired by the poem of the same name “Invictus” by William Earnest Henry. Invictus, meaning unconquerable or undefeated in Latin, was written in 1875. Nelson Mandela, the anti-apartheid leader regularly recited this poem while he was imprisoned for his political activism. He later became the President of South Africa, who won the heart of people, united the nation and overcame racism.
In recent years, people all over the world have united and fought through hardship.
This model serves as a reminder that it takes perseverance and resilience to overcome struggles.
It gives hope that better days are ahead of us as long as we never give up.
- Size: Tenor
- Top: Solid Red Cedar
- Side: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Back: Solid Lagerstroemia floribunda Jack (Tabaek)
- Neck: Marrango
- Nut & Saddle: TUSQ
- Nut width: 37.8 mm.
- Nut thickness: 2.5 mm.
- Headplate: Ebony
- Headstock Rebel Logo: Mother of Pearl
- Scale: 17-3/32”
- Fretboard: 22-Fret
- Fretboard & Fret Stripe: Ebony
- Fret Markers (Rebel Signature): Mother of Pearl Inlay
- Top & Back Binding & Heel Cap: Millettia leucantha Kurz (Sathon)
- Rosette & Fretboard End: Siamese Rosewood
- Tuners: Gotoh Planetary Tuners
- Strings: Clear Fluoro-carbon string set (Low-G)
- Finish: Gloss
- Free Canvas Case!